Saturday, August 12, 2017

Where it all began..

             

                      Debra Magenheimer

                           
(Deb and Bill when Bill was just a puppy!)

  Meet the owner of Happy Dog Daycare through the eyes of a family member.
         I may be biased of course when speaking of my Aunt Deb, she stole my heart many years ago with a promise that if I chucked my baby bottle out the window, at the end there was a promise of a new purse with everything filled in it just like hers, if I just had enough courage and could show my strength, that very own new purse would be all mine. So long bottle.  And just like that, she became an idol to me. As life has sprinted forward I feel like I am enjoying this time to reflect on everything I have watched Deb create and do while I was a child growing up, all while, maybe even without her knowledge of it,  in much awe of her. It has become one of my favorite memories to reflect on. I feel like by knowing her, I know a little bit more of myself and why I have not just a passion for dogs. but a true need in my heart to be around them as much as possible and try and do all I can for them as they have done more than they will ever know for us. I have watched her surround her life with many types of dogs and I have learned many breeds and so many interesting pieces of knowledge through her journey. I have no doubt in my mind that Deb fulfilled her work life with exactly what she was meant to do. She needs every single one of those dogs that walks into the daycare just as much, if not more than they maybe need her. Each one is like a puzzle piece to her heart. I speak for her in that sense only because I feel like our hearts have many similarities.

My aunt is extremely hard working and goal oriented. Deb doesn't quit when things get hard, and just pushes through, This trait is extremely admirable and I love her for it. 

Until next time, Have a Happy Dog Day!






                     
                        Dana Woodfill
                        dana_stu25@yahoo.com
                        Blog Contributor  
                     Proud Niece

6 comments:

  1. It works for me on me Galaxy note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I signed in it asked for a profile and the only profile option that was offered I use, was my Google account. A window popped up asking to sign in to my Google account, then I had to verify that it was me for Google security. Then I could post. Not the easiest, but it was because how I have my Google security. I was surprised it didn't give the option to use your Facebook identity since it originally was posted there. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking if this works for me. Nope, have to enter my Google account. I hardly use that. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and help. I believe that we have now fixed the problem and hope that you are now able to enjoy the blog in its full context.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story about Deb. She is a truly amazing person! I have loved following O'hairs on Facebook and hope they keep posting. Very well written Dana. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete