Monday, August 21, 2017

LET"S HEAR IT FOR PAAWS!!!!

                                  BILL'S CORNER




HAPPY SOLAR ECLIPSE EVERYONE!!
I am out on a journey with my Oo'Dad and Oo'Mom and we are trying to see if we can make it to see the dark or something. Oo'Dad and my brother Ben tried to explain to the O'Babies (that's what Oo'Mom and Oo'Dad call their grandbabies and they love those O'Babies and so do Rosie "bell" and I! ) and I just didn't get it. What I was thinking about actually was my Oo'Mom and how proud I am to work with her. When I work with my mom I also get to meet new people that also love to help save animals. 
I am proud to work with PAAWS and I would love to let more people know about all the help they do all day to help my friends. 
Also, I think they earn a spot on our HAPPY HELPERS spot!! That means when you share our blog, there will now be a direct link to PAAWS on the homepage of this blog and you and all our other readers can learn about all the hard work they do!!! 
My mom wrote this story about working with PAAWS and it makes me HAPPY!!! Please share so we can help as many animals as we can!!


                Rosie "bell" and I on our way to the Eclipse 





"Let me tell you why you should support PAAWS! They are local, they rarely bring in any dogs from another state to our already saturated homeless situation. They continue to work together as a group remembering their mission statement. I have been an animal advocate for many years in this area. I have seen the workings of most local groups. It has been my experience that when an animal or an animal owner needs them, they do not send them elsewhere. They are true humanitarians as well as a philanthropist.
Yesterday, I had a weepy human show up at my counter needing help. No money, no gas, three dogs in her car and no place to go. She had been sent to me by a local rescue that was unable to help her or her pets. I went out to her car, yep all her personal belongings jammed into it along with two small Chihuahuas and one very large Rottweiler looking perplexed.
Now I don't know this woman's story but she needed help. Her dogs were going to need help before the night was over. You know; food, water all the basics we take for granted most days.
I could not daycare her pups because they were a little overdue on vaccinations. I did what I could for her and then I called my friend at PAAWS. Did she suggest another rescue or say she wished she could help......NO! She not only found a temporary foster, she found lodging for the needy Pup-parent through another PAAWS volunteer and within one hour of this weepy mom asking for help.....she had set up lodging for her pups, new vaccinations ordered, a safe place to stay and a job. That is what a rescue is all about. Doing what it takes, even when the cameras are not around.
I am proud to have PAAWS on my speed dial. That is where your donations go when you give to PAAWS. They have never let me or a needy dog down yet."
Debbie 








BILL O'RILEY
BLOG CONTRIBUTOR
PROUD OF HIS MOM
HAPPY DOG





DANA WOODFILL
BLOG CONTRIBUTOR
PROUD NIECE
dana_sstu25@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment